Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 14, 2006

the begining of the end


***these are pictures representing my classes this semester: The English Reformation (Queen Elizabeth I)--the link for this is currently not working; Puritanism in America; Jonathan Edwards; and Introduction to Islam***

So this week was the first week back at classes for me. I must admit that I was dreading it just a little bit. With so much freedom over the summer (ie: no classes) I was worried that I just wouldn't be able to get back into the groove of school. My fears, I admit, were premature. I've been doing the student thing for over six years, so it's not to hard to jump back in. So far, I've started off with a bang--I already have one book under my belt and am on track with my reading. I have two of my four paper topics chosen, and some of the books that I will need checked out. I have mapped out my reading requirements, and added all of the critical dates to my calendar. Both my desk at home and the one I use in the library are organized and stocked with resources.

What does this all mean? Well, practically, it means that I may survive this hectic semester without going insane. It also means that after all these years, and now being so close to the end of it all, I might actually know what I'm doing as a student. Funny thought....

I may from time to time share what I'm learning in my classes, or post brief "did-you-know" comments...but overall, I will likely disappear from this blog until the end of the semester. So, keep me in your thoughts and prayers...for my sanity, my marriage, my study habits, and for finishing my master's degree well.

May you be blessed by the Lord as you approach those things which He has called you to, and be strengthened by the mercy and grace that He pours out on us all through the Blood of the Lamb.

No comments: