Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 28, 2007

musings...

(now I can finally post this...)

It's weird keeping something a secret...I have known in my heart for about three weeks that I'm going to be a mother next spring. "Officially" it's only been a week. And yet, in that time, I'm beginning to understand just a little of the awe that all mothers must feel when they realize that they are in the midst of a miracle. Our little one is only the size of a sesame seed, and yet there is so much life going on in there. I've come to realize that this process of becoming pregnant, of carrying a baby for nine (ten) months, and of bringing that tiny life into this world is more than just a brush with God. It's like being on your knees in front of Him in awe and wonder at His power, creativity, and compassion. Evolution is not responsible for the amazing things taking place in my womb right now. Only a divine Creator could do something this beautiful and amazing. It takes my breath away when I think about it. There are times when I want to scream it out for the whole world to know--I'm going to be a mother!!! And yet, the prudent part of me (however small it may be) prevents me from doing something so rash. Right now, I want to relish this tiny treasure growing within me. The people we most trust and love have been entrusted with our joyous news...and word will leak out sooner as opposed to later to everyone else. Not because our friends can't keep secrets, but because sooner or later I won't be able to hold it in anymore. Until then, posts like this are my own. When the time is right, I will let the whole world know...

No comments: