Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 07, 2007

Finally! A New Post!

Okay, so I know I've been a slacker lately when it comes to posting on this little blog of mine. But truth be told, I've been a little bit busy AND I've had to keep quiet about what I REALLY wanted to blog about. However, now that people who needed to be informed firsthand (like my boss for example) have been thusly informed, I can spill my guts here on the inter-web.

So what's the big news that's been waiting to burst out of me, you ask? Well, many of you may already know this, but for those of you who don't -- Joshua and I are having a baby! Seriously, I'm so excited! Our little one is due around the end of March (just after Easter).

I'm just entering my 12th week of pregnancy (which is the last week of the first trimester, I think, depending on whose information you use). So far pregnant life hasn't been too terrible. For the first 8 weeks (that's two months for those of you like my husband who dislike counting in weeks) I was pretty much queasy all the time. However in the last week or two the "green feeling" has been beginning to subside and now only happens at certain times, like when I'm hungry or tired.

We've already hit our first major milestone. Last Thursday we heard Baby's heartbeat. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever heard. The midwife managed to catch Baby while s/he was resting from all of the acrobatics s/he was doing. Baby was right behind one of my major blood vessels, so we could hear my slower heartbeat along with Baby's faster heartbeat. We sounded like a percussion section!

Now that the cat's out of the bag, as they say, I'll be posting more frequently about how we're doing and how Baby is doing. To finish off this post, I would like to leave you with a parting picture. I get a weekly email from babycenter.com that tells me all about how the baby is growing along with other helpful hints and tips for doing pregnancy well. This week's email included a 3-D ultrasound of a baby at 11 weeks in utereo. I thought it was pretty awesome and am therefore sharing it with you.

1 comment:

mandy said...

wow.....
:)