Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Holy Sheet Metal, Batman!

As you can see from our baby counter at the top of the blog...we're getting close! Since we're still in January, the end of March seems (in theory) to be a long way off. However, when you stop to think about it, we have just over 60 days left until the estimated arrival of our little one. Zoikes! (as Shaggy would say) It's amazing to think that we have so little time left to prepare everything for our daughter. I'm guessing that it's near impossible to have EVERYTHING ready, but we can be as prepared as possible. I think that the reality is starting to set in a little more, too. We went out to a movie a few weeks ago and I realized that we were going to have to think about babysitters for future movie dates (or not go to movies anymore). Babysitters! The good thing about the due date drawing nearer and nearer is that it means we will get to meet our little girl soon. I can't wait. I want to know who she will look like...will she have hair...what will hear voice sound like...I have all of these questions that I can't wait to answer. I guess I'll have to just continue being patient for another 60-some-odd days.

My visit with the midwife went well today. She said that Baby is looking great (and me too!) and that she's just the right size. She does seem to still be breech, so please continue to pray that she'll move on her own. We're going to start implementing some home "encouragements" (playing music down low, shining a light down low, putting heat on her bum and cold on her head) to try to coax her into flipping around. In the end, I'm not super worried about it because I've already made my peace with the idea of a c-section. I'd prefer that she come out on her because I'm sure that it will be less traumatizing for both of us...but as long as she is healthy that's all I really care about.

That's about it for now...we'll get more pictures up for you sometime soon. Seriously!

No comments: