Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Paternal Observation #2: Crazy Love

Do you remember when you were dating (sorry to those of you who are not dating...)? I remember when I was dating Sarah (and before when we were really dating, but not calling it that), and how nuts we were for each other. We would talk on the phone, email, and spend as much time together as possible. Do you remember how late you were willing to stay out with that person, chatting, making out (I know that's what you were thinking) etc etc. You were crazy in love. Now, when its time to go to bed (at like 10pm) you just go to bed. And the idea of going out at 10pm, well, thats right out.
Well, the other night, around 3:30am, it dawned on me, that this was precisely how I felt about the Ains. She was crashed out on my chest, all bundled up, and would make these cute little noises, and faces, and I couldn't help but think that we were spending some real quality time together. Even though I was losing sleep, it was wonderful to be there and witness it. Now, I like sleep, so please don't read this as my acceptance of its departure. I do think that the cause, however, is so worth it.
Cheers

This last one is called "Daddy's little princess," but not because she is wearing a cute onesie.

No comments: